If you’re looking to increase your location’s exposure in your local community, a cause-related event is virtually guaranteed to get your some much-desired exposure, help you earn the trust and respect of your current and potential customers, not to mention help out a great cause.
Whether you’re supporting a local organization, a national charity, or just a great ideal, cause-related marketing is a powerful tool that can redefine the way your business is perceived in your local community.
In this article we’ll cover five common cause-related events that have been proven successes among the Ask Patty Certified Female Friendly automotive retailers.
- Go Green! Eco-conscious living is on everyone’s mind, particularly women, and it should be in your marketing every day. As an automotive retailer, you’re already practicing green living just by recycling your tires, engine oil, plastics, and metals. Extend that service to your community by organizing a recycling drive. Couple your recycling event with a “Green” car checkup, checking all the components that govern fuel efficiency and emissions, and you’ve got a very green event.
- Support Local Shelters. Every city has a women’s shelter or organization like the YWCA that is always in need. Find out what they’re looking for and set yourself up as a donation hub. Whether it’s diapers, baby formula, cell phones, non-perishable food, clothing, or all of the above, supporting local causes like this are great for local visibility and help real families in need right in your own back yard.
- Breast Cancer Awareness. Every October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and a cause-focused event for this important cause is sure to be a hit. Pink, of course, is the theme, so find innovative and eye-catching ways to make your shop pink for the month – pink lights in your signage, pink tint on the windows, the sky’s the limit. There’s no shortage of great charities to support for this cause.
- Help Toys for Tots in Winter. Consider setting yourself up as a Toys for Tots donation center during the winter months. This wonderful organization run by the US Marine Corps has an impeccable reputation for doing a great amount of good for children in real need. You can collect toys through November and December, so consider a big, easily visible container for the task.
- Find a Cause That’s Important to You. Sometimes the answer to the right charity for you is no farther than your own family. Let the public know via social media, press releases, and television just why your chosen charity is so dear to you, and something incredible will happen: You’ll be seen as a human being instead of just another tire dealer. Whatever the cause that’s on your own conscience, be a champion of it at every opportunity you have, and you’ll soon find you’re not “my tire guy” anymore – you’re a real person helping other people, and that’s a powerful thing.